Mississippi and Tennessee CDL Defense Attorney. Defending commercial truck drivers charged with speeding tickets and other traffic violations.
Get back out on the road
As a commercial truck driver, a CDL violation can have a serious impact on your ability to keep your job. Our firm can help you minimize the impact of the violation and help you get back on the road.
HOW DO I CHALLENGE MY CDL TRAFFIC VIOLATION?
Given the negative impact an infraction can have on your insurance, driving record and your career as a commercial truck driver, it is worth challenging your CDL traffic violation.
Pietrowski Law Practice works with commercial truck drivers who need to resolve their moving or non moving CDL traffic violations. Our firm assists commercial truck drivers in having tickets on the following types of violations overturned:
- Speeding tickets
- Tail-light out
- Running a stop sign
- Driving without insurance
- Driving on a suspended license
- DUI/DWI and other intoxicated driving charges
- Reckless or Careless driving
On the road? We work with your schedule.
Schedule a virtual consultation, by Skype or phone.
As part of our representation, we will explain each phase of the process so that you can be fully aware of how your case is moving forward.
Do all speeding tickets go on my record?
Yes, all traffic violations appear as points on your record. If you accumulate too many points you can be considered a high risk driver and your license may be suspended or revoked.
Will a traffic violation affect my insurance?
Any traffic violation that you receive goes towards points on your record. Insurance companies assign points to their customers which they use to assign rates to drivers. The more points you have, the more you will likely have to pay for insurance. Most insurance companies can see your entire driving history. On average, rates increase 73% for reckless driving and 20% for speeding and failure to stop.
How do I challenge my traffic violation?
- When you receive your ticket, make note of all deadlines and addresses for interacting with the court. Failure to comply with deadlines will make challenging your ticket impossible.
- If you plead “not guilty” to a ticket, you’ll receive a trial date. At the trial, your lawyer can argue the law that was applied when the ticket was issued, question the police officer who issued the ticket, present evidence to aid your case and call witnesses.
- Some types of tickets, such as a faulty tail-light or driving without your registration, can be resolved in your favor by showing that the problem has been fixed.
Can a traffic violation be dismissed?
Yes, like other violations of the law you have the right to face your accuser and present a defense against your charge in a court of law.
Should I go to court for a speeding ticket?
We would suggesting consulting with an attorney about your situation. However, in most cases we do recommend going to court to defend your case and minimize penalties such as insurance rate increases, heavy fines, or jail time.
hiring an attorney for CDL offenses
Hiring a lawyer with experience defending CDL violations can help you avoid legal penalties and consequences to your job.
We will work closely with you to examine your case and look for opportunities to provide an optimal outcome for you.